[uClinux-dev] A slight problem with uClinux-dist-20030305.tar.gz

patrick tendim at tendim.cjb.net
Mon Mar 17 20:40:55 EST 2003

Hi.

I've found a slight problem with uClinux-dist-20030305.tar.gz that isn't
at all fatal but a bit of an inconvienience.

The file

	uClibc/extra/config/conf

is included in the archive.  When you go to begin the build process, it
finds the conf executable and does not remake it.  However, the executble
is for i386 (I believe), so for non i386 systems the build process halts
when it tries to execute it.

The problem can easily be remedied by 'rm'ing the offending file and
remaking it:

	cd uClibc/extra/config
	rm conf
	make conf

which recompiles the proper file.  :)

As I said, nothing major, but an inconvienience for those of us who start
the build process, come back an hour later and find that it halted
half-way through.  :(

-Patrick

Patrick Pritchard <patrick at tendim.cjb.net>
University of Toronto Blue Sky Solar