[uClinux-dev] Re: Cdrom support??

Kristof Bruyninckx masterkristof at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 15 09:10:40 EST 2003

--- Kristof Bruyninckx <masterkristof at yahoo.com>
wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I left the kernel 2.4.x for what it is for the
> moment (I always got errors when I included the
cdrom support and ISO 9660) and started trying with
the 2.0.x version and everything compiles (included
cdrom support and iso 9660) without an error I already
mounted a Hard
Drive to the MC5249C3 with some MP3 files and I can
play them.A bit fuzzy but it works. But what I am not
able to do is to mount my CDROM.When I do mount the
cdrom as device hda I get the following errors:
(see attach)

know I think these are normal because I'm trying to
mount a cdrom while this is for a Hard drive. But
during booting my bord sees this as hda. And I can't
find the right device for it in the dir DEV.
So my guess would be to make the device in this
directory DEV on the pc and do MAKE again. But now
my question is could this be correct and how do I do
this? I already tried to chanche hda with mknod but
i did not work or I have done something wrong?

> Yours truly and hoping for a reply,
>
> A learning student of Denayer college,

> http://webhosting.yahoo.com> hda: irq timeout:
status=0x50