[uClinux-dev] ARM7/Integrator port pointers

Jerry O'Brien capt_jerry5 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 14 08:08:08 EST 2003

Hi folks,

I hope this isn't too much of a FAQ.  I've checked all the docs on
uclinux.org, and I've also read all the past archives of this list.

However, I'm stuck trying to get a version of uclinux to compile on an
ARM7/Integrator platform.

I'm familiar with Linux on various platforms (x86, SPARC, PPC), and happy in
kernel development esp. drivers. I also am happy to build an ARM
cross-compiler and binutils.

However, I'm unsure what kernel I'm best starting with for a uclinux patch.
I need a 2.4 kernel, since i have an existing PCI device I want to get
working on the Integrator.

Any hints or tips to starting points? I tried looking at the wirespeed.com
and aplio.fr sites, but they both appear dead...

I know this has probably been done by you folks many times, and you are
probably fed up of answering this faq, but I hope a reply from the list will
save me heaps of time.

Has this been successfully done before? I don't have an MMU, so I cannot use
the standard ARM-Linux kernel.

Kindest Regds,
Jerry.