[uClinux-dev] SAVE_STACK_SWITCH in system call.

Deepa Sivasankarane sdeepa69 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 14 14:22:20 EST 2003

Hi,
  This is the extended stack (switch_stack: asm-m68knommu/include/ptrace.h)
that gets saved, after pt_regs (SAVE_ALL),
before calling signal handlers or  context switching (within system_call handler).

Deepa
 amit bhor <amit_bhor at hotpop.com> wrote:hi,

I was looking through the uClinux m68k code and i see a SAVE_STACK_SWITCH
before every system call. I thought the whole idea was to not save the
scratch registers (callee saved). Am i right here ? I am looking at
TOPDIR/arch/m68knommu/platform/68328/entry.S.

Thanks,
Amit