[uClinux-dev] Problems compiling m68k-elf toolchain

David McCullough davidm at snapgear.com
Fri Mar 14 03:10:13 EST 2003

Jivin patrick lays it down ...
> On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, David McCullough wrote:
>
> > I have only seen this error when using the latest uClibc from CVS.  If
> > you are using the uClibc.tar that is included with the m68k-elf-tools
> > you should not see this error.
>
> Nope, that was the uClibc.tar I was using.  However, I was using the
> latest 2.0.x from CVS.

All I can think is that it's something to do with 2.0 ?
I normally use 2.4 headers.

> When I tried using the CVS uClibc received Makefile errors.
>
> > Make sure you modify the build-uclinux-tools.sh to use the uClibc from
> > that tarball included with the tools.
>
> Yup, did that.  I actually just untared the archive into the directory.  I
> also made symlinks for the kernel and elf2flt.

No idea,  plenty of others have used it so I know it must be something
with your system/configuration I just can't think what.

> > I am just about done on a new script/tools release,  you might like to
> > hold off a day or so for that if you can,
>
> This would be great.  Would it be off of the latest CVS stuff?  Will the

Basically,  it will be off the uClinux-dist uClibc for now at least but
it is uClibc-0.9.19 and it shouldn't be hard to use the CVS version.

> script be put in CVS?

It's just a file on it's own and doesn't really fit anywhere.  It will
be on the uClinux-elf-tools page like the rest.

> I am currently trying to compile with a 2.4.x kernel instead, I'll let the
> list know if that works properly.  It is currently in Stage 4 with no
> problems yet.

Its stage6?  the C++ stage that usually shows up the problems.  libio is
the main offender,

If you only want compilers and intend using the uClinux-dist for libs
etc then you can manually finish the stage6 build ignoring errors when
they occur,  touch the STAGE6 file and run "./build-uclinux-tools.sh cont"
to finish the remaining stages and you should have a working toolchain,