[uClinux-dev] How to load kernel modules in C

Fabrice Gautier Fabrice_Gautier at sdesigns.com
Thu Mar 13 21:30:43 EST 2003

Hi,

Is there somewhere some non-GPL C code to load a kernel module ?

Right now I'm calling an external insmod program (busybox) to load a kernel
module but i would like to include the C functions that does that directly
in my program. But since busybox is GPL i cannot just take the busybox
insmod code and include it in this non-GPL program.

So i'm looking for either:
a) Some code with a friendly license (like a BSD or similar).
b) Some documentation that explains the kernel API used to load a module. (I
could look at the busybox code, to understand the kernel APIs, but i feel
the result would probably be too much like the GPL code, and be considered a
derviative work...)

Thanks

--
Fabrice Gautier,