[uClinux-dev] Daemonize a process

Markus Pietrek maillist at fsforth.de
Thu Mar 13 03:01:22 EST 2003

Hi

> A simple way to daemonize a process:
> 	my_process&

This is not actually a daemon. What happens, if you close the terminal or
console? As my_process belongs to the same process group as the shell
connected to the terminal, my_process is killed, too. Even close(0-2) doesn't
help. This doesn't happen to a daemon.

> This runs the process in the background.
> Another way is to start the process is to use /etc/inittab.

But what if you want to start the daemon only in case some drivers have been
loaded? Or some jumpers/switches have been set?

Bye,

--
Markus Pietrek
FS Forth-Systeme GmbH