[uClinux-dev] Problems compiling for uCdimm

Heiko Degenhardt heiko.degenhardt at sentec-elektronik.de
Thu Mar 13 02:07:39 EST 2003

Hi Patrick,

* On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 01:14:00AM -0500, patrick wrote:
> m68k-elf-gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
> .. and a bunch of make[x]: messages ..
>
> Now, the thing is, that if I issue a "make" after the "crash" the
> compilation picks up where it left off, and keeps going.

that the make picks up where it left off is normal. Make sees what
it has done allready, and what it has to do next. That's one of the
advantages of the make suit.

For the signal 11 I would recommend http://www.bitwizard.nl/sig11/.
In most cases where I got that problem it was caused by bad
hardware. One hint in that direction would be if the sig 11 occurs
allways at different stages of the process.

Rgds.
Heiko.