[uClinux-dev] Problems compiling for uCdimm

patrick tendim at tendim.cjb.net
Thu Mar 13 01:14:00 EST 2003

Hello.

I have been experiencing problems compiling uClinux-dist-20030305.tar.gz
with m68k-elf-tools-20020410.tar.gz.

I've followed the instructions, done a "make menuconfig" and "make dep"
and proceed to do "make", after making sure that I have selected the
proper manufacturer for my board (Arcturus).  However, I consistently get
the following message:

m68k-elf-gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
.. and a bunch of make[x]: messages ..

Now, the thing is, that if I issue a "make" after the "crash" the
compilation picks up where it left off, and keeps going.

So I want to know, what *is* signal 11?  How can I avoid it?  Since the
error occurs in different files (and when I re-issue the "make", the file
that crashed last time compiles without problems), I'm thinking it is
something with my setup.

I'm doing this on an AMD K6-233 w/ 42 MB RAM, and 256 MB of swap space,
under Linux 2.4.17 (from Redhat 7.2).  I know that this is pushing the
machine to the limit, but it is the only Intel based machine I have at
the moment ot develop on!  :(  (And all binaries I've found so far are for
Intel).

Thanks for any help ppl can give me.

-Patrick

patrick at tendim.cjb.net
"It's simple, overspecialize and you breed in weakness."
 --Ghost in the Shell