[uClinux-dev] Problem opening console

Selvam selvam at sesl.global.sharp.co.jp
Tue Mar 11 20:11:46 EST 2003

Hi, I've problem opening the console device

init() , main.c
 if (open("/dev/console", O_RDWR, 0) < 0)
         printk("Warning: unable to open an initial console.\n");
When the above line executes I get  junk chars printed on my console.
No error opening the console.

Subsequently when the following line executed,
I get continous junk output and certain processes got killed (PID 12, 20
sometimes 30).

 if (execute_command)
 	execve(execute_command,argv_init,envp_init);
 execve("/sbin/init",argv_init,envp_init);
 execve("/etc/init",argv_init,envp_init);
 execve("/bin/init",argv_init,envp_init);
 execve("/bin/sh",argv_init,envp_init);

I've no idea what's really wrong. Appreciate any help from you guys.

thanks
Selvam.