[uClinux-dev] uCdimm with 2.4.x Kernel

David McCullough davidm at snapgear.com
Tue Mar 11 18:18:39 EST 2003

Jivin Hans Wilmers lays it down ...
> Hi,
> I am using uCdimm 68VZ328, and the 2.4.19 kernel worked for me out of the box
> with uClinux-dist-20020927 and the precompiled toolchain
> m68k-elf-tools-20020410 .
>
> You may need to adapt the scheduler initialisation, if you need a precise
> system time. This was discussed several times in this list.
>
> I never used shared libraries, though.
> If you get them working on 68VZ328, please tell the list!

shared libraries should work fine.  They already work on Xcopilot and
the 68VZ328 uses the same compiler options.

The new dist (20030305) will have this turned on by default for most 68k
targets,  a few explicity disable it in their config.arch,  mainly
because I didn't want to break anyones setup ;-).

> I didn't get the time to test the new kernel distribution, but chances are
> that it works right out of the box too.

I hope so,  let us know if it doesn't,