[uClinux-dev] Colilo hangs

Greg Evans gevans at vigilhealth.com
Tue Mar 11 13:44:52 EST 2003

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I followed your instructions and I
still could not get Colilo to boot on reset. The one thing that was
bothering me was that whether I had JP13 on the M5272C3 board configured for
pins 1-2 or pins 2-3, DBUG always booted. I looked through the M5272C3
User's Manual and sure enough JP13 was mentionned as the jumper for this
very application. It's not that I doubted Motorola, but I took a look at the
board and noticed that there was a table scribed on the underside of the
pcb. There, I found that JP5 is used to switch between booting from
0xFFE00000 and 0xFFF00000 (Hmmm documentation error!). Anyways, I switch JP5
from pins 1-2 to 2-3 and reset the board. What do you know -- the Colilo
prompt came up!!!!

Just in case there is someone out there who may have the same problem: do
not forget to check your board. Mine is a DigitalDNA from Motorola RE10795B
Rev. 2.2. If yours is the same make and you are experiencing the same
problem, then chances are JP5 is the jumper you want.

Greg Evans
gevans at vigilhealth.com