AW: [uClinux-dev] uClinux and Dynamic Loading on Motorola Dragonball

patrick tendim at tendim.cjb.net
Tue Mar 11 08:47:26 EST 2003

Hi Phil.

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003, Phil Wilshire wrote:

> The executable looks at arg0 to determine name under which it was called and then
> performs the appropiate function.

I'm not sure how this would help though.  Here's my problem:

- I have a server application that uses plug in modules
- Each module conforms to an API -- there are a certain number of
functions that it *must* have
- On load, I use dlopen with RTLD_NOW
- I use dlsym() to find all of the functions listed in the API and obtain
pointers to them
- Each of the function pointers are stored in a struct
- When the server runs, I simply run the pointer:
	(*(struct->fcn_ptr))(arg1, ...)

-Patrick