[uClinux-dev] kernel versioning (version.h)

John Williams jwilliams at itee.uq.edu.au
Mon Mar 10 23:53:00 EST 2003

Hi there,

Does anybody know a painless way to disable the "auto-touch" that
happens on either version.h or compiler.h?

My toolchain running under Cygwin is very slow and I'm sick of waiting
for version.c to recompile every time I make a change in one of my
arch-specific sources and rerun "make linux".

I tried commenting out some of the rules under compiler.h and version.h
in /linux-2.4.x/Makefile, but that seemed to make it worse, forcing a
full kernel recompile each time!

Thanks,

John