AW: [uClinux-dev] uClinux and Dynamic Loading on Motorola Dragonball

Phil Wilshire philwil at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 10 23:26:22 EST 2003

Patrick,

Take a look at busybox.
This uses a multifunction binary
There are many links under different names to the same executable.
The executable looks at arg0 to determine name under which it was called and then
performs the appropiate function.

I know this sounds simple but it is not too hard to do.

regards
  Phil Wilshire

Jurgen Mueller wrote:

> Hi Patrick.
>
> I think you can find some information at:
>
> http://mailman.uclinux.org/pipermail/uclinux-dev/2002-July/009666.html
>
> Is it possible that you are using function pointers. You only need to
> initialize the pointer with the right function somwhere in an init routine.
> Is this what you are searching for?
>
> Regards
>
> Juergen

SDCS -- System Design & Consulting Services LLC, http://www.sysdcs.com
** Embedded Linux Training **  email me for details
630 Springhouse Sq., Leesburg VA 20175 t: 703 669 9766 f: 703 669 9768