[uClinux-dev] uClinux and Dynamic Loading on Motorola Dragonball

patrick tendim at tendim.cjb.net
Mon Mar 10 14:41:28 EST 2003

Hello.

I am currently trying to port an application to uClinux that uses
plug in modules, treated as dynamically loaded libraries (with the usual
dlopen(), dlerror(), etc. commands).

However, I've found that uClinux, or at least my current version, does not
have support for shared libraries; which I thought it did!

Is there any way to get shared (and dynamic) library support?  I've seen
that there are other uClinux versions (2.4.x versions) and newer uClibc
versions.  Would any of these help me out?

In the absense of this, does anybody have any suggestions as to how I can
have multiple functions with the same name; akin to having methods of
classes, but in C?  I could modify my technique to compile each 'plug-in'
module statically, but I would like to keep the API the same; each module
has an API it constrains itself to.

Many thanks!

Patrick Pritchard