[uClinux-dev] mini_httpd, thttpd on uClinux/coldfire?

Matthew Natalier matthewn at snapgear.com
Mon Mar 10 13:52:48 EST 2003

Hi Heiko,

Is there any reason not to use boa?  It is reasonably small, supports
authentication and ssl (thanks to SnapGear).

If you want a small web server with ssl then you are probably out of
luck.  OpenSSL causes anything it is linked statically against to get
really large.  I don't have any figures handy, but I seem to remember
boa growing by ~400k when it included ssl support.

Cheers

Matt

Heiko Degenhardt wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I would like to ask if someone of you has some experiences with
> other webserver of the uClinux-dist than boa, eg. with mini_httpd or
> thttpd on coldfire based eval board? Do they run on for instance a
> M5249C3 board? I need a small webserver that can user
> authentification and (may be later) https.
>
> If someone here has some tips or things to look for, I would be
> really interested.
>
> Thanks for your help!
> Rgds.
> Heiko.