[uClinux-dev] FTP Server on the 5272 board

Greg Ungerer gerg at snapgear.com
Mon Mar 10 07:41:07 EST 2003

Hi Rene,

Rene Gegusch wrote:
> You were right. My downloaded file was corrupted. Thank you to KDE, which did
> not mentioned that!
> Anyway, i just started to try to compile the new distribution for my Arcturus
> uCdimm 5272 system, but compiler very fast ended compilation with an error.<
> <make dep> works fine, but on the next step <make> not so.
> It stops with an missing rule error...
> make[2]: changing to directory
> »/home/rgegusch/test/uClinux-dist/linux-2.4.x/arch/m68knommu/platform/5272«
> make[2]: *** no rule available for target »/crt0_ram.S«,
>   need of »/crt0_ram.o«, to create.  End.

Unfortunately the guys at Arcturus have not commited their uC5272
linux-2.4.x kernel support to the CVS yet. So the low level files
(for example the above mentioned crt0_ram.S) are not there. Which
means they are not in the uClinux-dist either.

If you have a source CD from Arcturus for the uC5272 then you
would have those files. You could just pull them out and merge
them. Will probably be a little bit of mucking around to get it
all together, compiling and working.

Greg Ungerer  --  Chief Software Wizard        EMAIL:  gerg at snapgear.com
SnapGear Pty Ltd                               PHONE:    +61 7 3435 2888
Woolloongabba, QLD, 4102, Australia              WEB:   www.SnapGear.com