[uClinux-dev] uClinux for Palm IIIc

Michael F. Sharp mikes at tbc.net
Sun Mar 9 19:47:39 EST 2003

Interesting bit of information from
http://www.linuxda.com/support/techfaqs.html#Q38

38. I have a Palm IIIc, and was wondering why there seems to be a lack
of Linux ports for the Palm III and Palm IIIc? I can see memory
limitations being a problem for the Palm III, being that it has only 2M
of RAM, but what about the IIIc? The IIIc has a full 8M of RAM to work
with. How hard is it to take the kernel source, and modify it for the
Palm IIIc? What would I need to do to make it work?

The Palm IIIc uses a LCD controller from Epson for the color display.
The register and initialization settings are different. You have to
change those settings. The Epson LCD controller driver has to be ported
as well. If you have any projects concerning the porting to IIIc, you
can contact our sales department at sales at linuxda.com