[uClinux-dev] bootloader environment

Richard Klingler richard.klingler at violasystems.com
Sun Mar 9 04:05:11 EST 2003

> that would be nice... but are you doing something special?
> i thought /proc is a read-only system, but i think if you can
> use echo to write out to the configuration, that would be so much
> easier...

Nothing special...you just create entries with mode 0644 and
register a read/write proc to it...

If a directory has no "write" flag it doesn't mean that
you can't write to a file inside this directory...

> so what is the trick?  ppcboot store the configruation in bunch
> of contingous strings... (at least my version does that?...)

That's how it is...but the strings are "\0" terminated (o;

Rick

Richard Klingler             mail: richard.klingler at violasystems.com
Viola Systems Ltd.           http://www.violasystems.com/
Lemminkäisenkatu 32          phon: +358 (0)201 226 226
20520 Turku, Finland         mobile: +358 (0)40 748 4711