[uClinux-dev] RAM only filesystem

Greg Ungerer gerg at snapgear.com
Thu Mar 6 19:15:06 EST 2003

Hi Ryan,

Ryan Hulsker wrote:
> Greg,
> 	Thanks for your help, you pointed me in the right direction and I
> managed to get it working.
>
>>Look at the mess of code in drivers/block/blkmem.c that deal
>>with this. It ain't pretty :-(
>

> 	Wow, you are not kidding.  Do you think there is any way to clean this
> stuff up, or is this just one of those things that has to be hard coded
> like that.  I'm just wondering if there might be a way to generalize
> that setup a little more, and maybe use a command line argument to start
> it off or something.

I am sure it could be cleaned up. Nobody much has had any interrest
in doing it though...

Moving forward most people are switching to using the MTD drivers,
its whole framework is more general. You can have specific map files
that absract this sort of setup out into its own code.

Greg Ungerer  --  Chief Software Wizard        EMAIL:  gerg at snapgear.com
SnapGear Pty Ltd                               PHONE:    +61 7 3435 2888
Woolloongabba, QLD, 4102, Australia              WEB:   www.SnapGear.com