[uClinux-dev] mc68328digi.h for uclinux2.4.x

Philippe Ney philippe.ney at smartdata.ch
Thu Mar 6 09:11:54 EST 2003

> I'm starting to work on a touchscreen driver for my 68VZ328 board, I
> want to reuse the existing mc68328digi driver but the CVS repository for
> uClinux.2.4.x does not contains linux-2.4.x/include/linux/mc68328digi.h.
>
> there is a linux-2.4.X/drivers/char/mc68328digi.h but the c file
> includes <linux/mc68628digi.h> and the .h in drivers/char seems to be a
> leftover from a previous version, the driver does not compile with it.
>
> I did copy the linux/mc68328digi.h from uClinux-2.0.x and had to modify
> it a bit before compiling successfully the driver.
>
> Does anybody knows if there is a uClinux-2.4.x version of this file ?
>
> The change I made were enough to compile, but may be the 2.4 version has
> more changes which are necessary to make it work... I can't test it as
> my hardware is diffferent. I would like to have a 'stable' base before
> starting to adapt the driver.

Hi,

When I wrote the driver, the current kernel was the 2.0.38 one.
I remember having added some beginning of a support for 2.2 kernels.
But as I haven't use uClinux in its 2.4 kernel version, and nobody
seems to contribute in the driver, I haven't done efforts to port it.

I saw later that 'Daniel Potts <danielp at cse.unsw.edu.au>' made the job.

I'm happy seeing that the touch screen driver is not dead :)

If you have questions, feel free to ask me. I'll do my best to answer.
-philippe