[uClinux-dev] Tiny filesystem in ramdisk

Phil Wilshire philwil at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 6 07:31:22 EST 2003

Hi Nicolas
Ramfs should do this for you

Here is an example from one of my /etc/rc's
===================================
#!/bin/sh
mount -t proc proc /proc

# the old way
#/sbin/expand /ramfs.img /dev/ram0
#mount -t ext2 /dev/ram0 /var

# Now use this instead
mount -t ramfs ramfs /var
======================================

regards
  Phil Wilshire

Nicolas Ferre wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to use a tiny filesystem in my ramdisk. I use this ramdisk
> with flatfsd to store my config files.
>
> The mtd device where I want to put my flatfsd is 8k big... So I'd like
> a  ~8k ramdisk filesystem to map my mtd device.
>
> Is it possible to create a 8k ext2 filesystem ? (the mke2fs complains when I
> try to)
>
> Shall I use another filesystem ? (minix, fat ?)
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Nicolas Ferre, Software Engineer
> @work : n.ferre at i2e.fr : http://www.i2e.fr : +33 4 42 60 70 76
> @home : nferre at free.fr : http://nferre.free.fr

SDCS -- System Design & Consulting Services LLC, http://www.sysdcs.com
** Embedded Linux Training **  email me for details
630 Springhouse Sq., Leesburg VA 20175 t: 703 669 9766 f: 703 669 9768