[uClinux-dev] RAM only filesystem

Ryan Hulsker rhulsker at emergentsolutions.ca
Wed Mar 5 18:36:11 EST 2003

	I have a board that successfully boots a uclinux kernel (2.4.19).  This
board has only 8M ram, and now I am trying to figure out how to get
ROMFS to work with it in RAM.

	Where does the system look for the ROMFS?  I am cat-ing it onto the end
of my kernel image, but this puts it in RAM right where my BSS section
is and therefore it gets overwitten by my crt.S.

	In a rom based system, where the romfs is cat-ed onto the end of the
kernel image, the file system image would end up starting at the end of
the DATA section.  Is this where it looks for the image?

	Any light that anyone could shine on this for a newbie would be much
appreciated.

Thanks

Ryan Hulsker