[uClinux-dev] FTP Server on the 5272 board

John Williams jwilliams at itee.uq.edu.au
Wed Mar 5 17:05:19 EST 2003

Rene Gegusch wrote:
> Well, I am trying to implement a ftp server on the uClinux system.
> finding the discussion mails of february and wonder if someone get a working
> result.
> I don not really need authentification, so I would also be happy with
> anonymous ftp. Actually tried to compile anonftp.
>
> I would be pleased. about any help!

I seem to recall that tftp (trivial FTP) now works "off the shelf" in
uClinux.  I'm not sure whether 2.0.x or 2.4.x though, see the Feb.
discussion to make sure.  I think you'd just have to select it as one of
the networking apps to build/install in the kernel configuration process.

If you can't find it let me know and I'll try to find the ugly hacked
version that I put together last year.

Once you get tftpd compiled, setting up a tftp server is pretty simple.
  Google around for a bit and you should find something.

Regards,

John