[uClinux-dev] Kernel compile stopped working.

Heiko Degenhardt heiko.degenhardt at sentec-elektronik.de
Wed Mar 5 07:33:37 EST 2003

Hi Louis,

* On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 12:19:33PM +0200, Louis Swart wrote:
> I think I see the problem, still not sure how to fix it?
> After "make menuconfig" I see the following:
>
> *** End of Linux kernel configuration.
> bash: Saving: command not found

hm. Sounds strange.
Is it possible that the line endings of your Makefiles etc. could be
wrong? That can happen if you transfer them via FTP in the wrong
mode or copy them from a Windows system?

> *** Check the top-level Makefile for additional configuration.
> *** Next, you must run 'make dep'.
>
> config/setconfig: line 216: ln: command not found

There seem to be problems with your path.
Do an "echo $PATH". It should look as

/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games

or something.

> [root at Linux-Test-PC1 uClinux-dist]#
>
> It seems that the path to the commands are lost.
> How do I fix this?

In a bash shall you could do

export PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games

and try again.

Then copy the toolchain to / and unpack it:

cp m68k-elf-tools-20020410.tar.gz /
cd /
tar -zxvf m68k-elf-tools-20020410.tar.gz

Then you go to your working directory, and unpack the dist:

cd
cd uClinux
(remove the old one with "rm -rf uClinux-dist")
tar -zxvf uClinux-dist-20020927.tar.gz

Then build a new image:
cd uClinux-dist
make menuconfig
(select the M5272C3 and leave everything else at the default
values)
make dep
make

If that doesn't fix the problem, please email me the errors
and I'll try to help you further.

Rgds.
Heiko.