[uClinux-dev] Eb55 boot problems.

Christian Pellegrin chri at infis.univ.trieste.it
Tue Mar 4 09:39:34 EST 2003

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, Mathieu Rousseau wrote:

> ok, so i cannot just make uClinux run from flash, it needs SRAM...
> it needs some stuff to be in ram...

the text segment can be in flash, data, bss and kernel heap no. more or
less the same for user application (if you are using XIP but AFAIK it's
only in uclinux 2.4 (but I may be wrong) which i really bigger).

> and another question... I have my image.bin, i just put it in flash and it should work right?

well the bootloader should copy the data segment to ram, zero bss and
setup the memory map known to Linux. Have a look at head-arm-atmel.S if
this is supported or if the whole kernel needs to be in ram.

Bye!