[uClinux-dev] elf2flt porting questions

Matt Waddel mattw at lineo.com
Tue Mar 4 00:53:05 EST 2003

Hi All,

I am trying to port the elf2flt code to a new architecure
and I have some questions.

1) Are uClinux relocations limited to 4 bytes by the
operating system?  The following statement emits an error
when a 2 byte relocation is encountered, but 2 byte
relocations are used in the blackfin processor. (R_huimm16
and R_luimm16)  Is it ok to allow a sym_reloc_size of 2?

    /* Calculate the sym address ourselves.  */
    sym_reloc_size = bfd_get_reloc_size(q->howto);
    if (sym_reloc_size != 4) {
        printf("ERROR: bad reloc size=%d for symbol=%s\n",
                sym_reloc_size, sym_name);
        rc = -1;
        continue;
        }

2) Since there has been a some activity recently on the
uClinux mailing list about the elf2flt conversion, how is
the best way to determine if this is working correctly in
a new system?  Any troubleshooting tips would be
appreciated.

3) I get errors and the build dies during the creation of
the .gdb file.  I have commented out the .gdb file creation,
but could this be repaired by adding the stabs sections to
the linker script?

TIA.
Matt