[uClinux-dev] About uClinux for MIPS release

sy_wu at dlink.com.tw sy_wu at dlink.com.tw
Sun Mar 2 22:16:04 EST 2003

Hi,

It worked by changing the LOADADDR value, thank you!

I'd like to port it to another MIPS board(R3000), could you give me some
advice where to begin?

Best Regards,
SY

                      "qiulm"
                      <qiulm at xiptech.com        To:       <uclinux-dev at uclinux.org>
                      >                         cc:
                      Sent by:                  Subject:  Re: [uClinux-dev] About uClinux for MIPS release
                      uclinux-dev-admin@
                      uclinux.org

                      2003/02/28 05:12
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      uclinux-dev

Hi,

1. Had you loaded xipos.config in menuconfig before you built uClinux
kernel? (will select the suitable config options)
2. What's the number of LOADADDR in arch/mipsnommu/Makefile

# XIPOS mips simulator
ifdef CONFIG_SIMULATOR
CORE_FILES += arch/mipsnommu/simulator/simulator.o
SUBDIRS  += arch/mipsnommu/simulator
LOADADDR := 0x80102000
                            ^^^^^^^^^
In patch, this value is 0x80002000. In fact, it can be any legal address.
But it must be identical  with the parameter in shortcut.

Best regards
qiulm