[uClinux-dev] UCLINUX for PALM

David McCullough davidm at snapgear.com
Sun Mar 2 20:07:09 EST 2003

Jivin HenrySimmons17 lays it down ...
> Hello David
> I finally got the prompt />
> The problem was the console kept defaulting to ttyS0 and I was
>  not using a serial console. I was using the console on the
>  Palm m500 (CONFIG_PILOT_CONSOLE). When I added
> the statement  : tty0:linux:/bin/sh
> into the file: PalmIIIx/inittab
> it worked. I then removed the statement from PalmIIIx/inittab
> & modified the Makefile in vendors/3com/PalmIIIx as follows:
> case "$(LINUXDIR)" in \
>  *2.0.*) ;; \
>  *) echo "tty0:linux:/bin/sh" >> $(ROMFSDIR)/etc/inittab ;; \
>  esac
> and it worked. This change also can be merge into the distro.

I usually run my IIIx without the fancy console this the current setup :-)

What would be good is if you could make a vendors/3com/m500 directory that
does exactly what you want and send it to me and I will add it in untouched.
Just copy the PalmIIIx directory with your mods.

What would also be good is if we can make the changes needed to PalmLoader.c
work on all platforms.  Perhaps read the XX register first,  add some
bits then write it ?