[uClinux-dev] UCLINUX for PALM

HenrySimmons17 HenrySimmons17 at netzero.net
Sat Mar 1 23:28:35 EST 2003

Hello Michael

I don't know of any documentation for PalmLoader.c.
This is one have seen.
http://www.uclinux.org/pub/uClinux/archive/subject.html#4820
The reason you can do a soft reset is it has not got to jmp 800
in PalmLoader.c which start execution of the kernel.
jmp 800 is START_KERNEL in crt0_ram.s
Do this:
Changes in vendors/3com/palm-loader/Palmloader.c
Change line to read: asm volatile("movew #0x068f,0xfffff116");

change line to read: asm volatile("movew #0x2700, %sr; moveal 0x7ffff0,
%ssp");
change line to read: asm volatile("movew #0x068f, 0xfffff116");

Put 0x068f in 2 places in PalmLoader.c also notice in the line above reads
0x7FFFF0, %ssp.
This is change from 0x1FFFF0, &ssp. This set the stack pointer.
Henry