[uClinux-dev] How to config Samba on uClinux

flupke flopke woodyds77 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Mar 1 07:29:08 EST 2003

Hi
I have still a few questions.
1. My smb.conf file, in which directory does I put
him? And what do you mean with "smb.conf for host name
and group, remember that here hostname must match the
one in /etc/rc."

2. Does I have to make my own passwd file? And so,
where must I make him (put him)?

I have running samba on my linux PC without any
problem. But in uClinux it's so different!
For example:
After compiling my uClinux kernel for the dragon.
(make clean,make menuconfig, make dep, make)

I go to the directory /romfs and put my own
directory's in it with my smb.conf file(
/usr/local/samba/lib). Then I do: make.
When I boot this kernel I see my smb.conf file.
I start nmbd but he doesn't apear in my running
processes!

Thanks for helping a newbie and for your time.
 Wouter De Smedt
 Last year student