[uClinux-dev] sigsetjmp problem using uClibc

David McCullough davidm at snapgear.com
Tue Nov 26 05:35:27 EST 2002

Jivin Steve Tsai lays it down ...
> Hi,
>
> I use the toolchain from
> http://www.uclinux.org/pub/uClinux/arm-elf-tools/ to compiler userland
> with uClibc and I found that the program will crash when it call to
> sigsetjmp function. If I use the toolchain from
> http://www.uclinux.org/pub/uClinux/arm-tools/ to compiler userland, all
> the programs run fine. Does anyone know the problem? How can I fix it,
> if I want to use arm-elf-tools. Thanks.

You can continue to use the arm-elf-tools,  but the libc included has a
bug.  The easiest way to get around this IMO is to use the uClinux-dist to
build your sources/apps.

It contains updated libraries etc that are used instead of the ones
provided with the compiler.  This bug is fixed in the current
versions of the uClinux-dist:

	http://www.uclinux.org/pub/uClinux/dist/

It's a little more work to begin with but will get you the full source
for most of the things you will want in uClinux land,