[uClinux-dev] Re: new shared library implementation trashage?

Miles Bader miles at lsi.nec.co.jp
Fri Apr 26 02:54:32 EDT 2002

Miles Bader <miles at lsi.nec.co.jp> writes:
>   (2) Come to think of it, since relocations are calculated in elf2flt
>       according to the memory layout in the elf2flt.ld linker script,
>       they're going to _assume_ that the text segment and data segment
>       are contiguous, and it seems to me that changing that at load-time
>       like the recent patch to binfmt_flat.c did, is going to invalidate
>       that assumption.  Am I wrong?

Ah, indeed, I was wrong:  calc_reloc should take care of that.  The
fact that relocations aren't getting done suggests that it's somehow
not working correctly (since it uses calc_reloc to find the address of
the relocatable word).

-Miles
--
Yo mama's so fat when she gets on an elevator it HAS to go down.