[uClinux-dev] Re: new shared library implementation trashage?

Miles Bader miles at lsi.nec.co.jp
Thu Apr 25 00:12:39 EDT 2002

pauli at snapgear.com writes:
> Yes, the main program is shared library zero under the current
> implementation.  This is true even if the shared library support for
> flat files is compiled out of the kernel.  However it should only have
> meaning if your program is compiled with the new -mid-shared-library
> option and even then it won't mean much without the kernel option too.

What program is `-mid-shared-library' an option for?

> No it isn't trashing memory.  It is writing below what your program
> thinks is the beginning of its data segment, however the start of the
> data segment has been bumped up to accommodate this.

Where has the data segment been bumped up (I mean, in which program was
a change made that does the bumping)?

Remember, I'm using a v850, so any tool changes you guys have made for
the m68k/arm won't affect me.  [and in general, given the large number
of architectures that uclinux supports, I think it's a bad thing to
make a kernel change that requires tools changes on `non-affected'
architectures, without at least, using a different version number for
the flat files]

Thanks,

-Miles
--