[uClinux-dev] uClibc - uC-libc again

D. Peter Siddons siddons at bnl.gov
Mon Apr 22 08:43:33 EDT 2002

Hi All,
   I need to build an app with libpthread, so that means, I think, that
I need to finally switch to the new uClibc. I had a clean install of
uClinux-dist-20020306 and the latest tools binaries. I built my standard
configuration for uC-libc and tested the resulting image.bin; everything
fine. BTW, this is for a uCdimm (M68VZ328), kernel 2.4. I then re-made
the config, only changing one thing, uC-libc -> uClibc. Now, everything
appears to work as before, except I cannot log in. I get a login: and
password: prompt, but the login fails silently and I get another login:
prompt. It is exactly as if I had used the wrong password. Is there a
major difference between the two libraries regarding handling passwords?
If not, what is going on? I tried this process with Sash and the Minix
shell, with essentially the same behaviour for both libraries.

Pete.

--
D. Peter Siddons
Email: siddons at bnl.gov