[uClinux-dev] Network problems (I want to connect my host computer to uCsimm)

Eric Bosch (Fourtress) eric.bosch at fourtress.nl
Wed Apr 3 07:31:27 EST 2002

Thanks Heiko for your answer,

The output of the route -n command is:

Destination    Gateway    Genmask        Flags Metric    Ref Use  Iface
192.168.1.0    0.0.0.0    255.255.255.0    U    0        0    0    eth0
127.0.0.0      0.0.0.0    255.0.0.0        U    0        0    0    lo

My client is a uc68EZ328 Microcontroller module and it has a serial and a
ethernet connection. I can't use this serial connection, because I set a
environment variable with the wrong value. Now is the serial port blocked
and so I must establish the ethernet connection to set the environment
variable with the right value. It is important for me to establish this
ethernet connection.

Ok, I have installed tcpdump and execute the command and it says:

tcpdump: listening on eth0

That is the only information I become from tcpdump, so my tcp/ip connection
isn't OK !

Do you have any suggestions or more entry's to solve this problem?

I hope that you can help me?

Thanks, Eric