[uClinux-dev] [Help] Full C/C++ GNU Toolchain for ARM uClinux

Brian bwang at mltc.com.tw
Thu Nov 29 21:37:09 EST 2001

Hello,

Thanks for all the replies. : )

I am wondering what knowledge is required to modify GCC in order to support
PIC and XIP for MMU-less
CPU's.  What specific section of code should I look into?  It seems to be
quite a daunting task for a newbie like me.

If there is a PIC-capable C++ compiler for ARM, is the linking process for
C++ applications any different
than what is done for those written in C?  It seems to me that if the PIC
object code is in ELF format, it looks just the
same as C.  Therefore, we can link it with the same crt0.S that we use for C
and use the same elf2flt utility as usual.
Is there something missing here?

Please bear with me if my question does not make sense...

While I am waiting for the PIC-capable C++ compiler to come out, I will have
to dig in more and get my hands dirty
with GCC...

Thanks.

Brian