[uClinux-dev] relocs problems with arm

Fabrice Gautier Fabrice_Gautier at sdesigns.com
Thu Nov 29 18:33:37 EST 2001

It seems better indeed (flat_dump no report relocs) but it's not yet good.

I think i have an endianness problem.

Once loaded the relocation entries contain 0xa6530040 while the offset of
the data is 0x46a4,
and the base offset is 0x020d0000.

If i do 0x20d0000 + 0xa4460000 (0x46a4 swapped) + 0x40 (size of the header)
i get 0xa6530040
so there must something bad in the endiannes.

My host is a pc and the offset seems to be coded like on a pc (big-endian, i
guess we call that).  Wheras my target may be little endian.

I guess that i should correct either elf2flt or the kernel loader, but i'm
not sure which or how? I woudl say its more likely elf2flt but who knows...

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

--
Fabrice Gautier,