[uClinux-dev] uclinux stability on NET+ARM (hopefully)

Daniel Große danielgrosse at web.de
Thu Nov 29 08:03:11 EST 2001

Hi,

I'm using an evaluation board from Netsilicon with an net+arm (net+40) cpu. I have an uclinux kernel version 2.0.38.1pre7arm provided by NET+Lx 1.0.
I can confirm the stability problem that the kernel just freezes if there is to much net load (see http://www.uclinux.org/pub/uClinux/archive/4215.html).

I have written a small program wich just loads many data via nfs/smb. I put it as attachment. When I use it the system freezes guaranteed after a while. To use the programm you just have to create a big file (i use 600MB) data with many zeros in it (cat /dev/zero > data) and than compile it and use it via an nfs/smb mount point.
Sometimes I get "Kernel panic: Unknown data abort code 33554432 [pc=00052de4, *pc=e8b4000f] LR=00052de4" before crashing. Normally the kernel crashes after maximal 20MB.

Meanwhile I have tested Net+Lx 1.8 but the same error occurs.

Has anybody a stable version of uclinux on net+arm? If so, please let me know.

Regards
D.Grosse

E*TRADE - neu in Deutschland. Jetzt Depot eröffnen + Prämie erhalten
http://etrade.web.de