[uClinux-dev] [Help] Full C/C++ GNU Toolchain for ARM uClinux

karsten at thebox-communications.de karsten at thebox-communications.de
Thu Nov 29 06:42:39 EST 2001

Hi.

Last week I asked lineo if their uclinux distribution supports C++ and I
got the following answer:

> > 1. Does the distribution for arm7tdmi support C++?
> The uClinux C++ support is not production ready at this point though
> work is underway.

Also the distribution from netsilicon doesn't supports C++ correctly.

It seems to me that the gcc doesn't support C++ for arm at this time. :-((

Karsten Klein

                    "Brian"
                    <bwang at mltc.com.tw>       To:     <uclinux-dev at uclinux.org>
                    Sent by:                  cc:
                    owner-uclinux-dev at u       Subject:     [uClinux-dev] [Help] Full C/C++ GNU Toolchain for ARM
                    clinux.org                 uClinux

                    29.11.2001 08:37
                    Please respond to
                    uclinux-dev

Hello all,

I have been working on a port of ARM uClinux to our board based on the
uClinux for ARM7TDMI
development kit we purchased from Lineo.  It has been pretty smooth since I
do not have to worry too
much about how to set up the toolchain.  Digging through the mailing list
archive also helps a lot. : )

However, as the project evolves, the need for a C++ compiler emerges.  I
searched in the archive but
did not find a solution.  Is there already a full C/C++ toolchain that
supports uClinux for
ARM7TDMI, for the userland applications of course?  Please give me some
pointers.

Thanks. : )

Brian

This message resent by the uclinux-dev at uclinux.org list server