[uClinux-dev] Problem in executing binaries.....

Lycourgus Papageorgiou lpapageorgiou at patras.atmel.com
Thu Nov 29 04:49:17 EST 2001

Hello,

 I am working on uClinux2.0.38 on an ARM7TDMI processor. I compile the userlands, include them in a preconstructed (aplio?) romdisk which works ok but  my executables do not return to the shell (and we get an undefined instruction). The existing execs (sh,df,ps) work OK. I tried  a simple hello_world program with only printf("lalala\n"); and exit(0); and even this does not return .
It seems that  I don't follow the correct compilation procedure..
This is what I do ...

(i) arm-uclinux-gcc -c -Wall -I/opt/uClinux/uC-libc/include xazo.c
(ii) arm-uclinux-ld -r -static -o xazo /opt/uClinux/uC-libc/sysdeps/arm/crt1.o xazo.o  -L/opt/uClinux/uc-libc/ -lc -L/opt/uClinux/lib/gcc-lib/arm-uclinux/2.96/ -lgcc
(iii) I elf2flt  it...
(iv) I put it into the  romdisk
(v) Trying to run it but it does not return...

	Had anyone similar problems??? Can anyone help me??

	Thanx a lot
	Lycourgus ...