[uClinux-dev] Question regarding ucLinux update for ucGardener/simm (fwd)

David McCullough davidm at snapgear.com
Thu Nov 29 02:55:54 EST 2001

Jivin Per Winkvist lays it down ...
[...]
> > No,  the tree doesn't get a lot of uClibc use on the m68k processors,
> > the "LIBC:PRINTF" error you see is because uC-libc doesn't have floating
> > point compiled in.  If you want to use floating point,  link in -lm
> > something like:
> >
> > 	m68k-elf-gcc -m68000 -Wl,-elf2flt -o c c.c -lm -lc
> >

> Okay, I don't have to do/specify anything else when building uC-libc to
> get floats going ? I read somewhere that I had to pass -DFLOATS too.

You can do that,  but then every application gets the floating point
version of printf.

By using -lm,  only the apps that really need FP pay the price of the extra
code bloat.

With uClibc, you only get float support if you turn it on in the Config.
For the compiler builds this is turned on otherwise C++ gets upset.

davidm at snapgear.com  Fx: +61 7 3891 3630  825 Stanley St., W'gabba QLD 4102, Oz