[uClinux-dev] Question regarding ucLinux update for ucGardener/simm(fwd)

Per Winkvist nd96pwt at adeptus.student.hig.se
Thu Nov 29 01:53:26 EST 2001

Hi Tom,

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Tom Walsh wrote:

> Per Winkvist wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Claudio Duffini wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Per
> > >
> > > Per Winkvist wrote:

[...]
> > Jupps. I found out that was the case.
> > I tried to set "make menuconfig" libc option to uClibc (the more complete
> > if I understood). This time I could compile everything but the boot failed
> > for me:
> >
> > NET4: Unix domain sockets 1.0/SMP for Linux NET4.0.
> > VFS: Mounted root (romfs filesystem) readonly.
> > illegal instruction
> > PC[00010f00] SSP[000effd8] USP[000c3fac]     BootstrapSP[0001ffb6]
>
> Could you post more of your boot messages please?  Are you trying to
> mount the root filesystem via nfs, or was your problem that you had
> problems with nfs when you tried the mount from within the /etc/rc
> script?

This happened when I chose uClibc instead of uC-libc. I though the kernel
was done after mounting romfs and started executing the rc script. Now it
probably tries to execute one of the uClibc linked programs. Oops,
Something unexpected happened... That is my theory. (Since it is working
fine when I compile everything as uClibc.

Thanks for the nfs mount hints for 328.

Per