[uClinux-dev] Two questions about drivers

JoeyShen shen_zl at 263.net
Wed Nov 28 21:33:03 EST 2001

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
I've already made my very simple device work. But there're still two problems puzzled me.
One is that the "device_open( )" functions written in the device drivers have different parameters from the "open" system call. What is the magic between the registered driver functions and system calls?
The second is what will happen if I use interruptible_sleep_on( ) in my read function of the device driver and then I open the device with the parameter "O_NONBLOCK"(in the case of select( ) use). Will the device go to sleep?
Sorry if I didn't tell the questions clearly.
Thanks for your replys.
Regards
              Joey