[uClinux-dev] relocs problems with arm

Fabrice Gautier Fabrice_Gautier at sdesigns.com
Wed Nov 28 20:31:32 EST 2001

Hi,

It seems that the relocation are all wrong in my binery flat file.

I'm using gcc-2.95.3, with no patch. I just want fully relocatable binary. I
dont need XIP and position independant code.

I'm not sure who to compile. First i tried with the uClibc gcc wrapper. I
converted the file using elf2flt. I also tried using arm-elf-gcc, then ld or
ld -r and elf2flt.

In any case the problems seems to be the same.

After elf2flt, I use flat_dump but it shows than there is no relocation
(reloc count is 0 in the header) in the flat binary, where there are plenty
in the elf file.

Where can i find a version of elf2flt that works on arm?

--
Fabrice Gautier
Software Engineer, Sigma Designs
Fabrice_Gautier at sdesigns.com