[uClinux-dev] Controlling DTR

Mark McChrystal mark_mcchrystal at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 28 17:28:10 EST 2001

Does the uCdimm hardware support DTR?  Most embedded
hardware designers save CPU GPIO pins by having a
minimal serial port--sometimes only rx and tx.  From
the serial code from the 2.4 tree:

/* Sets or clears DTR/RTS on the requested line */
static inline void m68k_rtsdtr(struct m68k_serial *ss,
int set)
{
        if (set) {
                /* set the RTS/CTS line */
        } else {
                /* clear it */
        }
        return;
}

I would guess that there's no hardware there to
support DTR (like the ucsimm) so you will need to use
a gpio pin hooked up to a RS232 driver and modify
68328serial.c.

Mark