[uClinux-dev] Question regarding ucLinux update for ucGardener/simm (fwd)

David McCullough davidm at snapgear.com
Wed Nov 28 16:44:54 EST 2001

Jivin Per Winkvist lays it down ...
[...]
> When I did the make menuconfig "uc-libc" was predefined. I believe uclibc
> a much better alternative since I had "LIBC:PRINTF" problems with the
> former. When I chose uclibc I got a several compilation errors... Am I
> missing something ?

No,  the tree doesn't get a lot of uClibc use on the m68k processors,
the "LIBC:PRINTF" error you see is because uC-libc doesn't have floating
point compiled in.  If you want to use floating point,  link in -lm
something like:

	m68k-elf-gcc -m68000 -Wl,-elf2flt -o c c.c -lm -lc

> Can I set the CONSOLE_BAUD_RATE to 115000 in config.arch to get snappier
> serial terminal ? Why is it 9600 by default ?

The uCsimm target doesn't honour the CONSOLE_BAUD_RATE option in
config.arch,  you will need to hack the serial driver or the config/setup
code for the uCsimm to change this.

Someone here may know a better way or be able to tell you exactly how to do
it,

davidm at snapgear.com  Fx: +61 7 3891 3630  825 Stanley St., W'gabba QLD 4102, Oz