[uClinux-dev] Question regarding ucLinux updateforucGardener/simm(fwd)

Claudio Duffini claudio.duffini at sacrocuore.it
Wed Nov 28 13:00:32 EST 2001

Tom Walsh wrote:

> Thank you.  Do you mean that the latest version of the nfs protocol is
> version 3?  Somehow I assumed that there was a version 4?

According to the IETF, this is the latest v4 RFC :

3010 NFS version 4 Protocol. S. Shepler, B. Callaghan, D. Robinson, R.
     Thurlow, C. Beame, M. Eisler, D. Noveck. December 2000. (Format:
     TXT=450434 bytes) (Obsoletes RFC1813, RFC1094) (Status: PROPOSED
     STANDARD)

But it seems too early to implement it in commercial Un*x(es).
We must go with v3, for now.

Regards^2

--
Claudio Duffini |IW3HE| Systems Integrator
Studio 3/98 Snc (C.E.D. Ospedale 'Sacro Cuore' - ONETF Group)

WinErr: 001 Windows loaded - System in danger.
WinErr: 002 Erroneous error - Nothing is wrong.
WinErr: 003 Multitasking attempted - System confused.
WinErr: 004 Broken window - Watch out for glass fragments.
WinErr: 005 Window closed - Do not look outside.
WinErr: 006 Window open - Do not look inside.
WinErr: 007 Reserved for future mistakes by our developers.
WinErr: 008 Err recording errcodes - Additional errors will be lost.
WinErr: 009 Memory Error - What? Tell me again.