[uClinux-dev] Question regarding ucLinux update forucGardener/simm(fwd)

Claudio Duffini claudio.duffini at sacrocuore.it
Wed Nov 28 12:07:17 EST 2001

Tom Walsh wrote:

> Claudio Duffini wrote:
> >
> > Hi Per
> >
> > Per Winkvist wrote:
> > >
> > > When I do a "mount -t nfs 192.168....:/foo /bar" I get NFS:NFS v3 not
> > > supported. mount ..... unknown error 22
> > > To get nfs mounts working do I need to add nfs support as a module to the
> > > kernel and recompile ? (Currently I only have slhc and isdn as modules)
> >
> > Not a module issue. I had the same problem until I discovered the "enable v3 NFS"
> > choice while in the 'make menuconfig' phase.
> >

> Right, and I think that the nfs server also needs this compiled into
> its' kernel as well...
>
> TomW

You does not need the NFS server if you mount remote filesystems from uClinux.
On recent Un*x systems the NFS is v3. Strangely enough,
the 2.0.38.0 had the v3 support enabled by default. The 2.4.x does not.

Claudio Duffini |IW3HE| Systems Integrator
Studio 3/98 Snc (C.E.D. Ospedale 'Sacro Cuore' - ONETF Group)

WinErr: 001 Windows loaded - System in danger.
WinErr: 002 Erroneous error - Nothing is wrong.
WinErr: 003 Multitasking attempted - System confused.
WinErr: 004 Broken window - Watch out for glass fragments.
WinErr: 005 Window closed - Do not look outside.
WinErr: 006 Window open - Do not look inside.
WinErr: 007 Reserved for future mistakes by our developers.
WinErr: 008 Err recording errcodes - Additional errors will be lost.
WinErr: 009 Memory Error - What? Tell me again.